RIB & BLOCK SLABS
The rib & block system consists of pre-stressed ribs, hollow core blocks, Y-10 rebar and Ref100Mesh. This system can be used for basement-, first floor and roof slabs. All re-inforcing steel & mesh requirements for your slab are supplied as per engineer’s bending schedule.
Advantages of the rib and block slab, compared to other slab systems:
- The structural integrity of the rib and block slabs is the primary benefactor for this system.
- Versatility for different architectural designs including cantilevers, makes the rib and block slabs the preferred choice!
- Improved sound and heat insulation further enhance this system.
- The electrical slab boxes, which are the same size as the concrete slab blocks, allow for down-lighters anywhere in the slab and the electrical conduits to be positioned correctly.
- Plastered smooth ceilings with no grooves give a quality finish to your slab.
- Easy installation guaranteed! No cranes or formwork needed.
- Reduced cost for labour, installation, steel and propping.
- Levelling of slab is done while packing the slab, as the weight of the concrete pre-stressed ribs and blocks press down on the props.